Rise: URL Link for a Retake Module Option

Apr 01, 2020

Hello,

I have a final quiz (SL block) in a Rise course. I am trying to figure out which URL to use when I set up the Retake module option, after 2 failed attempts at the quiz. I was going to use the URL for the beginning of the course in the preview mode, not sure if that will work once we stage the module in Workday Learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Magali,

If the learner fails the quiz after two attempts, it sounds like your goal is to direct learners from one course to another course.

This can be tricky, so let's think through this together:

1. Are both courses going to be published for LMS and hosted in your LMS?
  2. Do you need to track quiz score data from both courses?

If you answered "yes" to both of those questions, then you'll need to use the link to the course hosted in the LMS. You won't be able to use any link from inside Rise 360.

Let me know if that helps to clarify things!

Magali Doriac-Froehlig

Hi Alyssa!

Thanks for your reply. 

1.    Are both courses going to be published for LMS and hosted in your LMS?

No, it is only one course. It will be hosted on our LMS.

2. Do you need to track quiz score data from both courses?

Not quite since it is one course, and yes the quiz score will be tracked.

This is all in the same course. The SL quiz is a block used within the Rise course. Although I answered No to your questions, your answer is helpful. it sounds that I'll need to get the link to the published course (then reinsert that in the SL quiz and republish?  is that the process?)

Thanks! 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Magali.

In that case, I would suggest not putting a link inside the Storyline block at all.

Instead, add a button block at the bottom of the lesson, and set the button to take the learner back to lesson 1. Add instructions for the learner to click this button if they failed the Storyline quiz with no attempts remaining.

The next time the learner comes back to the Storyline block, it should restart from the beginning because Storyline blocks don't resume

Give that a try, and let me know if it works!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.