Rise Video Seek Bar and Full Screen not working once published to LMS

May 03, 2019

We have built numerous courses in Rise that include videos. When we publish to Review, the video controls work fine. However, when we upload the course to our LMS (Taleo Learn), users cannot use the full screen option or the seek bar. Clicking anywhere on the seek bar just takes them back to the beginning of the video. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

7 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Nicole,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here.

Did you try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Nicole Whitehead

Thanks Allison! The course does work properly in the SCORM cloud so sounds like it's an issue with our LMS. We've reported it to Oracle and are awaiting a response. In the meantime, if anyone else is running into this issue, we did find that if you host the video on a 3rd party site like Vimeo and then embed it into Rise, the seek functionality does work. Not ideal, but at least a workaround does exist!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Daniel! 

If the problem only happens while viewing the content when connected to the VPN, then the VPN does seem like the culprit. However, if you find that the fullscreen button is missing even if you're not on the VPN, please send us your Review 360 link by opening a case. We'd love to take a closer look! 

Daniel Webb

My issue was resolved

Daniel Webb
Manager, Education, and Media Development
Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc. | Service Operations
9750 Irvine Blvd., Suite 102
Irvine, CA 92618
P 714-669-8684| M 714-875-8296
dwebb@us.medical.canon | W us.medical.canon
[cid:image001.png@01D8871A.B6244780][cid:image002.png@01D8871A.B6244780][cid:image003.png@01D8871A.B6244780]
[Mail