Rise VPAT and Accessibility

Jun 27, 2017

I was wondering, as I can't find one online, if there is a VPAT for Rise? Also is it possible to add alt text to images within Rise courses? How accessible is Rise?

15 Replies
Jamila Breese

I'm following up on this--last fall, there were several updates that said "RISE VPAT coming soon..." and we are wondering if this is available yet? We would love to recommend more developers use RISE, but this is a very critical piece for us--and we'll have to wait to use RISE until this is in place. Thank you!

Mike Olivieri

Hi everyone,

We know that accessibility in Rise is essential. We’re making it a priority to make sure everyone can use Rise courses.

Our ultimate goal is to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). We’ve already taken some initial steps to meet that goal. For example, we’ve increased the contrast for built-in course features, added alt text for images, and added keyboard-accessible navigation. We’re currently working on full screen reader support.

We know there’s more to be done and we’d love your input. If you’re interested in helping us make Rise more accessible, please sign up for the private beta forum on E-Learning Heroes. We’ll release product updates to this beta and gather your feedback to refine Rise accessibility features.

We appreciate your support. Thank you!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for reaching out! We're still working on making Rise fully accessible. 

So far, we’ve added these accessibility features:

Keep an eye on our "What's New" page and the Rise 360 release notes for details.

Chino Navarro

Hello everyone!

I’m happy to share our Rise 360 Accessibility Collection, which includes the VPAT to describe how Rise 360 conforms to WCAG 2.1 Level AA criteria. We also updated our roadmap to include Rise 360 features we’re continuing to develop to better support WCAG.

Let me know your questions and experiences building accessible courses for all!