Rise working in "offline" mode

Jun 10, 2018

Rise is an excellent tool and one of the advantages of it being a web-based tool is that it's easily updated.

However, for some clients there is not an option to work online. Please could you tell me if there is any likelyhood of Rise being made avaliable for offline work in the same way as Storyline v3?

Thank you.

13 Replies
Angie Alves

Hello Leslie!

I'm looking for a solution for my learners who travel constantly to view and interact with my courses offline. Could you elaborate on "your learners can use it wherever it is placed"? I'm not sure I understand what that means. Is there an option to take the course offline?

Thanks so much!

Angie

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Angie, 

Offline viewing of Rise courses is supported in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Just download a Rise course as a web package, extract the zip file, then launch the index.html file. Take a look at the steps here. You'll want to send your learners the entire zipped file that's creating upon export to Wed.

Note that embedded web content won't work offline unless you have an active internet connection. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Angie and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I apologize for my vagueness and thanks for popping in to ask your questions.

Let's see if we can get you headed in the right direction.

Ashley shared some great feedback and details on this subject, which you can check out here and even created a Peek video to demonstrate.

Dorothy Cafino Finnigan

Hi folks!

I have several Fortune 1000 clients who have strict IT security rules in place that prevent them from having any content hosted on non-internal servers. In some cases, they are actually advocates and users of Storyline 3, and they wish they could use Rise, but their IT department won't allow it since their proprietary content would be developed and stored on Articulate's servers.

I also have plenty of clients for whom this isn't an issue, but I'd like to know if a downloadable authoring tool (as opposed to a web-based one) is even in the offing for Rise. If it's not in Articulate's long-term or medium-term plans, no worries, I'd just like to know whether I can anticipate that as a future option or not.

Thanks!
Dorothy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.