Rise - XLIFF is not uploading properly

Nov 20, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to do translation work in Rise. I have downloaded the XLIFF file from Rise and uploaded to our local Translation management tool. After translation, i downloaded the XLIFF file and re-import it. I am receiving error while uploading. 

9 Replies
Srinivasan  T

Hi,

Yes, i followed the above steps but still face the same problem. In our company, we have our own Translation management tool. When i checked with the team, they told that articulate is not using the right format giving the xliff in right format means inside the file all the content are in single tag or something like that. So, is there any other way to get the translation material from our courses?

Patrick Plante

If I may offer some insight, XLIF translation doesn't seem to handle Tables very well and we had an instance where a course had two versions, one with a table in the course and one without. Translation worked perfectly in the version without tables and simply would not work in the version with a table. I hope this helps!

Crystal Horn

Thanks for sharing, Patrick. So we can test this behavior, can you let me know a few details?

• When during the translation process does it stop working with tables?
  • What exactly happens?
  • What translation provider are you using (if you don't mind sharing)?

Of course, we're happy to get this information from you privately. You can share here. Thanks!

Patrick Plante

Hi Crystal,

It's in the reupload process where the error happens. We get an error message like: Failed to import.
We knew that the only structural difference between the courses was a table in one and not the other, so we looked for the content of the table in the translation export (no html) from Rise and the text from the table isn't there. That seems to be the source of the problem; it's not in the file, there is nothing to translate and then there's a gap in the reupload.

FYI our translator uses Trados software.

Thank you,

Patrick

---------- The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material; unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately. L'information transmise ne s'adresse qu'au particulier ou ? l'organisme a qui elle est dirig?e. Elle peut contenir des renseignements de nature privil?gi?e et/ou confidentielle. Toute utilisation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous avez re?u ce courriel par erreur, SVP le retourner ? l'exp?diteur et le d?truire. ----------

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.