Rise .zip file is dangerous

Mar 27, 2017

Hi There,

I am getting a notification when i try to download the .zip Scorm 1.2 file for my Rise course is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous.

When I click learn more, it tells me the site is known to deliver malware.

Any advice on how to get my rise courses downloaded safely?

Thanks,

Merridee

40 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ruth,

I'm sorry this is still happening on your LMS... the Rise courses are built with the resume functionality being driven by the LMS. What that means is, at the moment, a re-launched Rise course will always reach out to the LMS and ask for the suspend data needed to resume the learner's previous attempt at the course (in contrast to Storyline, where you have a few other options).

Some Learning Management Systems have features that will allow you to force a new attempt on the learner after completion, thereby declining to provide the suspend data needed to resume. Perhaps there is a feature in your LMS that isn't allowing for a resume at all? 

We're working on a feature for a Close/exit button in Rise - and that's coming soon! But the course should still be passing completion based on what you set as a part of the export settings. Do you remember which option you chose here:

Keep me posted if your LMS team has any thoughts about the resume/suspend data! 

Ruth Mahoney

Hi Ashely,

Still cannot get my e-learn to launch a second time and neither can my LMS Support team. I have tested this e-Learn in SCORM Cloud and it says incomplete as Completion status which will be a problem if it's try to relaunch and thinks it's still active? 

Can you advise please? Also how can I check I have the latest version of Rise as it occurred to me there was a mention of an update and the only thing I could think is if my e-Learn works for you and not for me may be we have a different Rise version?

Thanks

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Yes, depending on when the last time that you exported that course, it could be  just as easy as exporting it again to take advantage of any of the newest fixes and features, but I'm also going to open a Support case for you so that we can dig in a bit deeper to what is happening with the completion element in SCORM Cloud. I believe that is separate from your LMS not launching the course a second time, so I'd still suggest you push them for a bit more information on what may be happening.  Something you could look at doing is enabling LMS debug mode in your Rise course - that would help you see the information that is being passed back and forth and give some more clues to your LMS team? 

Keep your eyes peeled for the Support case email as well - it'll come from Support@articulate.com! 

Hi Ruth,

Do you mean from your LMS team, as I see you and Lea did some additional troubleshooting and she reported that the course tracked correctly in SCORM Cloud. I included her comments below. 

I understand you are facing these issues with your LMS exported Rise course : 

1.) Cannot launch the course a second time 

2.) Course is not tracking properly 

I have uploaded your course in SCORM Cloud and I did not encounter either issue. Please see this screenshot showing the course has been completed with 100% score: http://drops.articulate.com/yS6o 

You may also test the course I uploaded here: 
https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=61e8c856-2eaf-409c-b970-05f6ceaa6d3a 

I would recommend debugging your course in your LMS as Ashley has suggested: 
https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-How-to-Enable-LMS-Debug-Mode 

Since it is now tracking correctly in SCORM Cloud with the latest export of your course, again I'll have to defer to your LMS team as they'll be the best to help you identify the issues with loading, playback and course tracking.

Please feel free to keep us posted here on what they're able to figure out as it may assist others who have the same issue in their own LMS.

Alicia Blitz

I am having a similar issue. I am evaluating Articulate 360 for purchase for my group (upgrading from Storyline 2) and was really looking forward to Rise. I created a small simple course, but when I export it no file downloads. Nothing to my desktop or download folder. I tried in both Chrome and IE 11 but no luck. :(

Hi Alicia,

Do you have difficulty downloading other files from the internet - or just these Rise courses? I use Chrome and Firefox as my main browsers and haven't run into any issues lately - do you know what version of Chrome you're using? The latest I'm on is version 58. 

IE11 is supported for viewing content, but not for authoring content. 

Can you look in the downloads folder to see if it has appeared there? 

Also, looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email! No worries, this Peek video will show you how to remove it. 

Alicia Blitz

No error message, nothing. I am on Chrome 58.0.3029.81. I don't usually have issues downloading. I download images and templates all the time. Even zip files.

We can be pretty locked down by IT sometimes, but I haven't encountered this issue before. When IT downloaded the trial version of A360 for evaluation to a remote desktop we had a lot of issues and the tech had to install repeatedly.

He's supposed to be working on white list articulate.com

Here's a link to the project file:

https://rise.articulate.com/author/YpVHx3yBTGdm9bNKx35JvN8k20NYt39Z#/author/course?_k=9hbxbo

Thanks Alicia - same version of Chrome I'm on. 

I couldn't use that Rise link - looks like it's the author link. If you wanted to take a look at it, here's how to get the Share link .

Has your IT team been able to offer any advice about where the files may be going? Did other browsers produce the same issue? If you want to create a Peek of the download steps you take I'm happy to watch that and see if I spot anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.