Rise360 via shareable web link

Jun 10, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to exploring Rise360 and Articulate tools. I noticed it was possible to share Rise courses via a shareable web link (so easy!), but then also saw a note on the Rise360 page that "Viewing a course via a shareable link is not a long-term hosting solution."

Why would a shareable link not work as a long-term hosting solution? Wouldn't that be a simple and easy way to share a course with many users (I'm thinking MOOC-style)?

I did some googling and wasn't able to find the answer, so hoping someone can provide some guidance.

Thanks!

KB

3 Replies
Karl Muller

From what I have read on these forums, the SHARE link is to be used for "light" sharing. For example, if someone in your organization like a SME needed to review a course under development. That is the intended use.

Your Articulate licence provides your access to the various course development tools. I don't think it includes free hosting of your courses for many users.

Euan Hill

Hey KB, to add to this, I'll let you know why it isn't a long term solution. If you start to build another course and change any of the labels within Settings (e.g. Start Button/resume/lesson 1 of 2...etc) these changes will reflect in all of your courses within your Rise Dashboard - including the previously built one that you've shared with others.

A longer term solution would be to publish your course to Review 360 - but again, this is designed for reviewing purposes rather than tracking progress of a course or any of those other great features you get from an LMS.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.