Safari issues with SCORM Packaging

Nov 13, 2020

Hi e-learning heroes!

We are having some trouble with our users who use Safari as their default browser. We import our Rise files as SCORM packages into D2L, but an error is coming up for users:

MissingKeyMissing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value

We have suggested using another browser or toggling the cross tracking within Safari for those having issues. Is there anything that the Articulate team can do to make the cross-tracking seamless for Safari as it is in other browsers?

Thank you!

5 Replies
Rishi J.

Hi Chino!

I'm looking forward to working with you to remedy our issue.

The users see the error "MissingKeyMissing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value" when a SCORM package of the Rise course is uploaded into D2L. Some of our learners, They see the issue when they are trying to access the package.

The error is attached, it just shows up as a white screen with the error instead of the SCORM package. This error has been around since the start of September since their September Safari / OS update.

If you need more information, please let me know!

Rishi

Rishi J.

Hi Chino,

Sorry if I was unclear, but this is a Safari issue - not an issue with Firefox. It seems to be consistent across all of our users using the Safari browser. The only remedy we have found is turning off "cross-site tracking" but do you know of any other way? Before the update to Safari this was never an issue.

I have a learner who strictly adheres to using Apple products and is not able to access the course and refuses to turn off cross-site tracking, I'm wondering if anything can be done to remedy this situation on the back end so there is no issue accessing the course?

Chino Navarro

Hi Rishi,

I am sorry, due to my eagerness to help, I mentioned the wrong browser. The error message MissingKeyMissing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value usually means there is a required cookie that isn't being permitted by the browser.

The usual fixes for that are to either disable cross-site tracking or disable block all cookies or both.

I checked Safari 14's release notes, and one of its new privacy features is Enabled full third-party cookie blocking, and the Storage Access API in Private Browsing mode. My guess is, this feature may have contributed to what you are experiencing.

As for any other possible fix aside from turning off cross-site tracking or block all cookies, you may need to reach out to your D2L administrator or D2L support team or someone in this community who uses D2L to share their insights.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.