Safari on iOS Cut off ONLY after an iframe embedded video is watched with Rise 360

Aug 04, 2020

This is going to be a bit of a niche question I think, but we've developed a Rise 360 course that includes a video through our video streaming service in an iFrame embed code. 

The course works fine in portrait mode, at first, until the video ends or you stop it and go back to the course (which iOS launches in full screen mode), the bottom part of the course is now cut off. It's a blank white space area.

You can still scroll through the course, but the lower part of the screen where content was showing before is just completely unavailable for content. 

Sorry, I can't share screen shots on a public forum at the moment, the course contains sensitive data and intellectual property where the whole thing would just be redacted. 

9 Replies
Mike Gagos

Thank you Alyssa for your continued support. I watched the video, and, yeah I see what I'm doing now that you're not doing in your screen recording.

It only happens when you rotate the phone and the video goes full screen. When you go back to the course and rotate back to portrait mode it is cut off. See my screen recording, I do it both ways (first like you did, and then second when I rotate the device during the video). 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mike, thanks for your patience!

I did see your recording, and I noticed a gray spacer appeared at the bottom of the lesson after you rotated the device from landscape back to portrait. 

I was concerned that the spacer would prevent the learner from moving to the next lesson, so I tested this again using a course with multiple lessons. As you can see in this video, it's still possible to move forward in the course.

Please let me know if this gives you trouble with navigation to the next lesson, and we'll take a closer look! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.