Same user using Storyline 360 and Rise

May 02, 2017

Hi, I am exploring the use of Articulate 360 to build learning material. I am using Storyline 2 at present. I just wanted to know that if i purchase Articulate 360, will i be able to use both Storyline 360 and Rise on my system. As in, can i build courses both in Storyline 360 as well as Rise depending on my requirements?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Diana,

Great question - Rise and Storyline are a part of the Articulate 360 subscription and you'd get access to both those tools and more! This page covers all the Articulate 360 goodness and this article on when to use Rise vs. Storyline may help once you start creating your courses! 

If you've got some more questions about purchasing, touch base with our Success team here and they'll be happy to help! 

Danielle Cheng

Hi, I was also wondering about the same question - as we also have Storyline 2 currently and are exploring purchasing the Articulate 360 package.

Is it possible for me to create an activity using Storyline 2 or Storyline 360 and for it to be imported into Rise (as that is where I am intending on creating the rest of the content?)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Danielle, 

There isn't an import option (although we're working on a Storyline block feature for Q3 '17) but you could use the iFrame embed code in Rise.

When you've published your Storyline course and placed it on a web server, take that URL and put it inside this iframe code within your Rise course:

<iframe src="Insert Your URL to the story.html Here"></iframe>

and you'll use that in the URL/Embed lesson or the Embed block type. 

Hope that helps!

Blaine Dionne

Hi Ashley,

I just used your iFrame solution, and it works, but it cuts off our content. I tried resizing the iFrame using steps from other eLearning Heroes threads, but it doesn't resize. It just puts scroll bars on the inside of the window. How can I resize to fit my Storyline content? Here are the two pieces of code that haven't worked for me so far (I removed the opening and closing brackets):

1. iframe src="https://media.camdenliving.com/hr/employee-development/availability/story_html5.html" width="1280" height="720" style="overflow: visible; width: 100%;"></iframe

2. iframe src="https://media.camdenliving.com/hr/employee-development/availability/story_html5.html" width="1280" height="720"></iframe

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Blaine!

If your content is larger than Rise, then scroll bars would be expected due to the responsive nature of Rise. We do have another discussion here regarding the size not changing as expected and this has been reported to our team.

If you'd like to share your Rise course for us to take a closer look, please reach out here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.