Scrolling versus appears on screen in Rise

Feb 22, 2017

I've been asked if it is at all possible to have the next lesson just appear rather than scroll up. This has caused some issues as some people feel ill (vertigo) when the fast scrolling occurs. 

Cheers
Jen

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jen,

This was an interesting question that stumped me at first - but the rate of scroll would be controlled by the individual user on the screen when looking at each lesson, or if they were using the menu on the left hand side that would automatically scroll up the next lesson. Is the menu scroll the part that is causing issues for some of your users? If so, you could try using the "restricted navigation" as that requires the user clicks on all slide items and manually scrolls to the bottom to go to the next lesson.

They'd still be able to click on the menu on the left hand side - but it'd be at the bottom of the lesson their on and maybe look like less scrolling? I did a quick Peek video in case that helps. 

Jennifer Gayapersad

Thank you. I don't think I explained it quite right. It's the movement that occurs when the new lesson appears. It's the fastness of the lesson moving from the click of the tab at the bottom to when it appears at the top of the device screen. 

Is there anyway it could appear, like a fade in, rather than a scroll up?

Cheers
Jen

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Good to know Jennifer! I have seen a few times here in ELH, folks talk about moving from Storyline to Rise, and I think it's important to note how different the tools are. I recently wrote up this explanation and answered some other general questions about Articulate 360, so I wanted to link you there...save my typing fingers a bit. :) The really great thing about Articulate 360 is you get access to all the tools, so when you're looking to improve upon your Storyline 2 courses you can keep working on them in Storyline 360 and when you're ready to venture into the world of truly responsive design, Rise is your go-to. 

Let us know if you have any other questions, and when you want to talk about moving to Articulate 360 our Success team is ready! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.