Scrolling within storyline block

Jan 17, 2019

Hello,

I'm creating a course in Rise that includes a number of simulations that were created in Storyline. I've added these in as Storyline Blocks, and it's mostly working great. The problem I'm having, however, is that when you scroll down the page of the course, if your mouse is in the storyline block, it scrolls down to a blank space. This seems to only occur when using Internet Explorer to view the course through our LMS. Can this be avoided? 

Thanks!

13 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Maxime,

I'm sorry you're also running into a problem here. Have you tested your course on SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

Maxime M

ok thank you i tried with Firefox and it's exactly the same behaviour.

Allison, for the moment i can't buy a subscription for SCORM Cloud.

Please take a look at the screenshot enclosed.

I have 2 vertical scrollbar:

- the red for the webpage itself : no problem with this one

- the blue: this one is useless because my content is already displayed

Could you help me ?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Maxime,

You should be able to upload a few courses to SCORM Cloud for free. Did you try doing that?

If you're unable to upload your course to SCORM Cloud for whatever reason, the best thing to do is have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Mark Banit

I'm experiencing the same thing with Storyline blocks in Internet Explorer (Chrome is fine), where scrolling with the mouse wheel scrolls the SL block up and cuts the top off and reveals dark grey beneath it's original position. This is happening for me directly in Rise when previewing, so it's not an LMS issue and definitely a Rise issue. 

Just submitted a support case about this.

Patty Raymond

Is there a common resolution to this one? Having the same issue where any storyline block has vertical scroll bars that are just blank content below the storyline video. I feel like it must be some setting between the expected block size by Rise and block size settings in Storyline, but i can't figure out the magic. (per other comments - happens in firefox but not chrome)

Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks!

Mark is spot on. In Storyline 360 Update 23, we fixed some modern player issues, including blank space below slides that resulted in unnecessary scroll bars and dark rectangles at the bottom when your course is included in a block in Rise 360.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of that fix. Let us know if you see an improvement!

Patty Raymond

That did it for me - no more scrolling block! I do now see something that is slightly different when it comes to changing my storyline block (with custom controller so that i can have captioning in Rise) to the 'small' size in Rise. If i do medium or full width, my custom player is there, but if i do small, it seems to actually crop the size of the video vs. make it smaller at scale, and the controller is not appearing... might be some slide/web object size settings that i need to play with now. But the scrolling issue is definitely resolved thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.