Security

Sep 11, 2017

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any backup option for the courses that have been created on Rise. It is very easy to inadvertently delete a course, so is there any way to retrieve if if it ever happens? Or is there any security option that could keep the course in a safe place?

Thanks,

Julie

3 Replies
Cass Netzley

With no true backup and reload option available from Articulate for the time being, my team has made it a habit to do weekly exports of the current state of our Rise projects. We save these .zip files down to the source and asset folders for the particular projects. 

If you search around the forums, you'll see a few different threads and responses from Articulate staff hinting that they're looking into allowing users to import prior exported Rise projects. I have no clue if this is even on a development timeline or not, but it certainly would be a welcome feature for those doing freelance/contract work and teams desiring (and because of common practice in their business model) to bring assets local and have some contingency plan in place if cloud storage for Articulate suddenly had a catastrophic event and could not be recovered. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Julie, 

We aren't able to restore individual courses or lessons that have been deleted. We have shared similar discussions with our team as a feature request to allow for a "Recycle bin" of sorts. So, I'll be sure to let you know if it (or something similar) gets added to Rise!

In the meantime, you can restore deleted lessons using the Undo button that appears after deleting them, and Rise will ask you to confirm that you want to delete a course before removing it to ensure you don't accidentally delete important content. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.