Self-assessment options in Rise?

Dec 16, 2018

I am working on a course for our staff on personal stress management and would like to include an interactive option for them to self-assess their own stress level and stress management techniques. There is no grading associated with the course, and no correct answer to any question. What is the best block or quiz function in Rise to accomplish this?

16 Replies
Bart Collart

I have a similar situation. We would like learners to assess/rank their skills for 10 categories from 1 to 5. When finished, we would like learners to be able to print their self-assessment for future reference.

I've tried creating a webform using JotForm, bringing this into Rise as a Multimedia/iframe embedded link. Which is pretty slick, has the functionality I am looking for - even the ability to add a Print button at the end. However after publishing and launching the exercise on an iPhone, I am unable to scroll down to see the entire list/unable to complete the exercise.

If possible I would prefer not having to rely on outside technologies. Any suggestions on how we might handle this using Rise or Storyline?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Sarah and Bart, 

I think the best option here would be to use a heading block to ask your question and then a checklist block to allow the learner to select a response. That way, there's no correct/incorrect feedback like there is with knowledge check blocks.

To answer your additional question, Bart, about printing: there's not currently a way to do that in Rise 360. Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Swisscontact Foundation

Hi articulate team - a self-assessment option would be really important and helpful, as it is one key element of eLearning. Please consider adding it to the roadmap. Thank you!

Also - if anyone has found a not-too-complicated way to integrate a self-assessment, ideally visualised in a radar chart/spider graph - I'd be delighted to learn about it. Cheers

Andrew Ratner

One way to do this is to have a Quiz at the beginning of the lesson and formulate the questions such that certain scores = take these lessons first, or in such and such an order.

You could do that using feedback at the end with instructions for how learners might read over their answers and then choose the appropriate route. Maybe?