Sharing folder in Rise

Jan 07, 2019

Hi,

Is it possible for Rise users to share folders? We have a mid-sized team of developers and we would like to store final files in a shared folder structure (for maintenance and translation purposes). Is this possible?

I know you can add collaborators, but can you share folders with a specific group of people like you would share a google folder?

190 Replies
Welocalize eLearning

Sharing folders with teams seems like it would be a very simple solution. All it would take is some code to verify what courses were in what folders. That should be passed along with the name of the course when "Send a copy" is used. I often send 4 or 5 courses in a typical project and it is difficult to keep hundreds of courses organized. I can organize on my side but I cannot leverage that organization to all the teams working on these courses. Even if the only thing you do is add the name of the folder that the course is in when I send the course that would be great. 

Tonya Barnes

Adding my vote to this - it's been a major blocker to not have an easy way to share entire folders of courses within a group or team. Using Course Collaborator or Send a Copy functionality does not solve the challenges we're seeing. I need my entire team to be able to see the SAME library of content, organized in the same way, and be able to access, edit, and export/publish courses without me having to individually add every one of them. 

Cass Netzley
Annie Louden

Except for the accessibility stuff, nothing in the Rise 360 roadmap is useful to me. It would be really nice if you could work on some of the features that we users have been asking about for SEVERAL years!

I worry that a lot of their R&D time/ $ have gone towards Rise.com efforts and as a result, the 360 apps have been in a maintenance mode of sorts for the past couple of years.

I've been using Rise in a production environment for 5+ years now. The key desirable features and easy code wins (start page selection, removing the title section at the top, etc) have been introduced sparingly. Sure the accessibility improvements are great, but lets see a few of these 3-5 year old, often requested-- major usability improvements finally come about.

Fingers crossed.