SL block embedded onto Rise not displaying when user is not logged in on LMS. However SL xAPI does.

Nov 08, 2022

We have made a guide for new users, developed on Rise using a couple of SL blocks, explaining how to log in and use our LMS. 

The Storyline blocks within the Rise guide will only display if the user has logged in. When the user has not logged in, these two blocks will only show a blank space. This defeats the purpose of the guide, since the guide is made for new users who need to learn how log in and to navigate our LMS for the first time. 

We have tried uploading a whole SL xAPI and it displays fine, so we are wondering whether there's an issue between SL and Rise, since Rise looks fine, but SL doesn't display. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Reply
Angelo Cruz

Hi Sandra! I understand you're having some difficulties with the Storyline block in your Rise course.

I just wanted to ask how you embed your Storyline blocks in your course. Is it through the Multimedia > Embed block or the Interactive > Storyline block? I tried this in SCORM Cloud, and it asked me for my email but not so much as a login to the LMS.

Would you mind sharing your Storyline file by opening a case here so we can run some tests and investigate the issue further?