SL Block in Rise (using all 360) - try it screen recordings

May 12, 2020

I want to import a SL "try-it" style screen recording so that learners can interact with the course as though they are using our software. When I import the SL block saved in 360 Review, it comes in as one video that clicks for the learner instead of allowing the learner to interact and click.  Is there any way to create a "try-it" screen recording in Rise 360?

7 Replies
Renae Jenkins

I need to find a way to show scrolling using layers... if you can help with that.

Renae Jenkins, M.Ed.
Instructional Designer, Senior
Blackbaud, Inc.
Direct: 512.420.4648
renae.jenkins@blackbaud.com | blackbaud.com
[cid:image001.png@01D62911.7E4C22B0]
This email contains confidential and proprietary information. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email,
please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, or print this email.

Renae Jenkins

Hi Alyssa,

I am trying to put together a "try-it" screen recording in Rise by setting it up in SL then importing it into Rise. This did not work, so I am building layers in SL to mimic the try-it effect, but don't know how to show something scrolling by using layers. See the attached mp4 that shows the scrolling effect I would like to have - but with the user clicking/dragging to imitate scrolling... or something that shows the user that scrolling is needed to complete the form.

Thank you,
Renae

Renae Jenkins, M.Ed.
Blackbaud, Inc.
[cid:image001.png@01D629CB.8199AB80]
This email contains confidential and proprietary information. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email,

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Renae! 

Thanks for those details. I can't say I've seen an example where someone created a scrolling effect on a Storyline 360 slide. 

Try Mode slides will show scrolling, but the action is done for the learner. The learner simply clicks the scroll bar, and the image scrolls on its own.

I'll open the floor to the community to share their ideas with you, too!

Renae Jenkins

Ok, but to be clear - I want to mimic this effect in Rise and can only think of using an SL block in Rise to do that - so if anyone has other ideas, please feel free to let me know.
I hope that make sense.

Renae Jenkins, M.Ed.
Blackbaud, Inc.
[cid:image001.png@01D629F0.0FDA6870]

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.