Slider graphic question

Oct 03, 2019

I have not been able to figure out how to insert a slider that works like in the "Employee Health and Wellness (Sample Course)" included in Rise… See below attachment, how would I go about creating or inserting this…? Is it an external asset that I have to somehow link to some parameter, or is it something that just works…? I want the slider input to reflect directly on the chart, like it does in the sample… How do I do this…?

8 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey, Michael! Happy to help. That slider interaction is a Storyline block. I'm attaching the source Storyline 360 file as a starter. Here's how to insert Storyline interactions into Rise 360.

Also, have a look at some other slider example downloads -- free from the community! Enjoy!

Diane Bullock

I started a course in Rise, now the SME wants a survey 'on a scale of 1 - 10 ...' and then wants the answers fed back. I don't know how to do this best, but had some vague idea of creating a slider in Storyline, inserting it into Rise (as Rise does not have a slider facility) and then somehow collating the answers to feed back to the LMS. Is this possible?! 

Chino Navarro

Hi Diane, thanks for reaching out. For the Rise 360 course to send the learner's interaction to the LMS, you would need to do a couple of things.

1. The Storyline interaction would need a results slide.

2. The results slide should be tracking the interaction.

3. Upload the Storyline interaction as a Storyline block in the Rise 360 course.

4. Set the Storyline block as a course completion requirement in the Rise 360 course and export it.

5. Upload the SCORM package to your LMS.

Feel free to try it out and if you encounter any problems, you can send your .story file to our support engineers here. Our support engineers are ready to help.

Diane Bullock

That's great, thank you. You say you can make a course completion requirement. Is it possible,

* In Rise
* In storyline
* To get the slider results to report back the Results, rather than just a completion? So, for instance if you ask for a pre course assessment and they score 3 out of 10, can this be fed back and the LMS reports back 3?
* Can the above be done twice, that the LMS can recognise? For instance, as above you ask for a score out of 10 pre course, Then you ask for another score out of 10 post course?

Thanks as ever

Kind regards

Diane Bullock
Digital/ E-Learning Developer
Organisational Design & Development
HR and Employee Services
Resources

[cid:image001.png@01D86C2B.80DF48E0]
Single Sign On Link: Durham Learning & Development System
Manual Login Link (follow instructions on the page): Durham Learning & Development System

[cid:image002.jpg@01D86C2B.80DF48E0]