Some Hyperlinks Work in Rise, Some Do Not

Oct 26, 2022

Hello

I am having an odd issue with internal hyperlinks in a learning roadmap I am trying to create in Rise. If I get links that are formatted like this from the client they work fine:

Working format: http://dox or a site/path/path/path/path - these point to one of our internal intranet sites

Not working format: \\na.<an internal site>\public\public\path\path\path - these point to a shared drive that all of the audience has access to

When I copy and paste the working format URL over it comes over exactly as provided. When I copy and past the non-working format URL over it adds a bunch of characters and the link doesn't work. 

It doesn't seem to like the \ or any spaces - that is where I see characters added by Rise.

Does my client have to host the documents somewhere else? Is there something else I have to do in Rise to get it not to add a bunch of extra characters to the link?

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Mindy. It sounds like whenever you try to use a relative link (as opposed to an absolute link), you're seeing this behavior.

To use hyperlinks in your course, they'll need to point to an absolute URL rather than starting from wherever the learner is at that time (like within the intranet or another subdomain).

Crystal Horn

Hi Mindy! Quick feature update for you:

You can now use relative links in button and button stack blocks to link to content within your subdomain.

If you embed web content in other block types and would like to use relative URLs to do so, please let us know about your use case by connecting with us here. Allowing relative URLs in hyperlinked text is not something we're working on at this time.