Sorting activity displaying incorrectly for IE11

Jan 17, 2017

The sorting activity isn't displaying correctly in IE11. I have two "boxes" to sort my cards--it displays the one on the left, but not the one on the right. If I shrink my screen, it IS displaying the one on the right--only VERY far right and off the screen. There wasn't any indication with a scroll bar at the bottom that the box on the right was even there.

It looks great in Chrome. 

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there anything that can be done?

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Donna, 

I'm sorry to hear you ran into this issue, but you came to the right place! It was an issue recently discovered and reported to our QA team. What we've noticed is it happens when IE11 is not displayed at full screen - so you could look at enlarging the browser window in the meantime so that the cards will display correctly. 

I'll include this discussion as a part of the report filed with our team so that we can update you here once there is any additional information! 

Thanks Donna for the link - yours seems to be doing the opposite of the reported issue for me. When full screen the sorting options go off screen but at the smaller view on my IE11 within Windows 8.1 it worked well. I included a screenshot of that below. Are you able to see them this way if you resize the browser window? I'll share this link with our team as well for another example so I appreciate you sending it along!

Hi all,

Great news! We were able to roll out a fix for the Rise sorting activity display issues you're all seeing in IE11. That fix is already pushed out to you in Rise, so you'll just want to double check and reexport any course that you already have hosted on your web server/LMS to ensure it has the update for your IE11 users. 

Also, here's a link to the release notes where this is documented.

Keep us posted if you need anything else.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.