Storyline 360 quiz in Rise 360 course

Jul 06, 2020

Good day,

Could you please point me in the right direction? I have attached a screenshot.

I created a course in Rise 360, and for the quiz I imported a storyline 360 quiz then published to LMS. 

However, when I test the course (quiz) on LMS, I get my results in the storyline quiz but I am unable to exit the course entirely which is Rise. When I click on 'exit' in the storyline quiz  or 'continue' button in rise. I also don't get a a final LMS result.

I am not sure what I am missing. If you could pleas point me in the right direction.

I don't want to use the Rise Quiz.

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Prudence!

Please open the Storyline 360 quiz, and click Publish. The publishing window shown below should appear.

Select Articulate 360, then click the Tracking option. A new window will appear, and you'll select Track using quiz result. 

Was that option selected the first time you published the content to Review 360?

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for the video, Prudence! That was really helpful.

Instead of including the Exit Course button on the Storyline results slide, try adding an Exit Course button in Rise 360. There are two ways you can do that:

1. Add a button block below the Storyline block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course"
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the course again in your LMS, and let me know if the quiz data is communicated correctly!

Marcin Leskiewicz

Hi Alyssa,

not quite, I think. One of my colleagues created a training pack in rise 360. he has left and we need to update the content but have not got the .story file. So the only way to update is to rebuild it from scratch.

Problem is that another colleague started to do so in rise 360, but did it too early. I have the original powerpoint slides which I can import to StoryLine 360, no proble, and can update as needed. Now question is if I can continue to create the content in SL360 and then publish to Rise360 and back? my colleague has only got access to rise 360 at present.

Might be overcomplicating things, I know but trying to speed up a process of updates made by a number of other people.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Marcin!

Rise 360 and Storyline 360 are two very different authoring tools, and there really isn't a way to easily switch from one tool to the other mid-project. Here's a quick overview of what each tool is best used for.

• For rapid e-learning development, Rise 360 is perfect. It’s quick, the output is beautiful, the content is inherently responsive.
  • If you need a course that includes custom interactivity and a more immersive learning experience, then you’ll want to use Storyline 360.

I would recommend reading these articles to help you decide which tool is best for your project.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.