Storyline block for Rise

Sep 04, 2017

Hi, cannot see the Storyline 360 block in Rise. Any ideas?

13 Replies
Mayra San Felipe

Hi Ashley!

any update on the estimated release date? We are currently finizaling a course with rise that will be deployed to a mssive number of people. For the assessment we have embeded a link (as the quiz options on Rise were not meeting our needs for this assessment). However, if we can import a storyline block it will be perfect! (we avoid pop up blockers, security warning about external links, etc..)

We are about to deploy the course, but if the enhancement is really coming soon (in the coming 5 days or so), we might wait until getting this so that we can provide a better solution and avoid potential issues.

Thanks!!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Patty, that's a lot of anticipation! It's great to know how excited you are, and we are too! This feature was one asked for repeatedly by customers here in ELH - proof that your voice and ideas are part of what drive our roadmap. 😀 

Earlier this month I heard we were putting some finishing touches on it, and it was slated for release end of September/first week of October. I promise once it's available you'll see a member of my team update as many discussions as possible about this new feature. We aren't shy about letting folks know when it's live! 

Mayra, It may fit within your timing but I'd hate for you to wait around, especially knowing that our timelines can shift if we discover an issue last minute. Will you be tracking the quiz you've created in Storyline? If so, using that external link may be a better option providing options for the users to login or access the LMS site where your Storyline course is hosted. 

Mayra San Felipe

Thanks for the feedback Ashley! Yes, we need to track results.

We have created with rise a 3 level program and base on your previous knowledge of the topic you can take direcly the assessment in each level and move to the  following level without taking the training if you score 80% or beyond.

Now, we were looking at creating 2 scorm package per level: one for the course and another for the assessment. So that we can track it.

I was very enthusiastic about the release of this new feature, in case we can insert the assessment directly on Rise and track results to avoid having an external link...

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mayra,

I'll let you know once that feature is ready! I don't know if it'll allow you to track a Storyline course inside of the Rise course, as my assumption is that the Storyline block will function like an embedded web object. 

But once it's live - it'll be something we can test out, and rely on our documentation of how it should work. 🙂

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.