Storyline block in Rise automatically plays audio before the block is visited

Jun 24, 2022

Hi there, 

I've had some issues early on when I had begun to use Mp4 blocks within Rise the audio would begin to play before you'd get to that block. I decided it would be best to switch to a SL block and made sure to put conditional continue buttons between each and the problem seemed to go away until it didn't. It's begun popping up for some users but is much harder to reporduce. Could it be a browser-related thing?? I did surf some of the older reported issues in the forum but there were very few rise-related issues of this type. Thanks in advance for your time and attention to this. 

3 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Wendy,

Strange, but I'm not experiencing the same thing on my tests.  I see a Play button that I have to click before I can hear the audio for the MP4.

Can you share your MP4 and Storyline files here so that we can start our investigation?  Please tell us how the course is being viewed (i.e., via Share link, LMS, or web) and the type of browser being used.  We'll respond as soon as possible!

Angelo Cruz

Hi Alyssa! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering the same issue.

Would you be willing to share your file(s) with us so that we can run some tests from our end? You may upload your audio files as well as your Storyline file by opening a support case here. Our engineers will be more than happy to take a look.