Storyline Block "Jumping" inside a Rise

Oct 29, 2021

Hi,

Please can anybody assist or provide some guidance as to why the storyline block is jumping inside Rise?

I have created a 30+ slide simulation with default next and back button at bottom. In review 360 it is playing fine…but when I insert storyline block inside rise course it starts jumping. My storyline software is updated, and Rise is responsive?

Maybe its related to screen resolution. Because if I change Storyline block’s width to small (Rise is given me 3 size small, medium, and full width – “screenshot is attached”). It plays fine in my resolution (1920*1080) but start giving same problem in lower resolution (1366*786).

But to display screens correctly I need to use medium size.

Can anybody assist or provide some guidance how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Rajan 

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Rajan. We've seen this happen under 1 of 2 conditions:

• The Storyline block isn't centered in the browser window.
    Workaround: Center the Storyline block on your screen.
  • The Storyline block is too tall for the screen and is partially cut off.
    Workaround: Zoom out on the browser to see the full Storyline block.

Let me know if you match either of those conditions, and we'll be able to notify you here if we improve that behavior.

Rajan Shrivastava

Hi Crystal,

Second Solution is working but unfortunately on higher resolutions (1920*1080) only. In higher resolution also I can’t tell end users to zoom out to 90% and view the course.

Is there any other Solution to this problem? Is there any particular Resolution in which this problem will not come? My current size is 880*660?

Regards,

Rajan

Lisa Bethard

I too am interested. I've fiddled with the settings of my story size and went all the way down to 600x450. I've added spacers and dividers just before the interactive storyline block. It's like the responsive playback wants to make it bigger in course preview mode and every time it progresses a step, the screen jumps and I see another rise block (with an image in it) directly above for a split second, then it looks normal again. Thoughts on what else to try? I've tried all 3 sizes for the storyline block within rise....it still happens.  The only solution I'm seeing is having the user zoom out, which is not ideal of course.

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I'm excited to share that we've released Storyline 360 (Build 3.62.27371.0) and included in this update is the fix for the bug where Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses could be off-center.

You'll want to update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of the other fixes included in this update!

Please don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case if you have any questions!