Storyline Block Not Returning to Initial State on Mobile

Jan 22, 2019

Hi community, 

I am working with a Storyline Block in Rise and am need of some help. I know that Storyline Blocks should always start from the beginning and that's the desired behaviour I need for this particular interaction. 

When viewing via my LMS (Totara) on Desktop, the Storyline Block works exactly how I would like it to. I have a series of icons that the user must click on to reveal layers with more information. I have added a combination of fade animations and state change triggers to have these clickable icons continuously pulse thoroughtout the duration of the timeline. I am using a chromeless classic player for this single slide Storyline Block, so I get the "x" button on mobile to exit the block. 

When viewing via LMS on mobile, the block works exactly as desired the first time round. However, when I hit the "x" in the top corner and go straight back into the block, the pulsing effect has stopped working - it has paused or is stuck. 

I have tried a combination of changing the revisiting properties and resume settings in the player but I am not getting anywhere with solving this one. 

Can anybody help me please?

Reuben

7 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Reuben,

It sounds like this may be an LMS-related issue. To figure out where the issue stems from, I recommend uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

Reuben Russell-Furlong

Hi Allison,

Thanks for your response.

I have tested on SCORM Cloud and I am experiencing the same issues as I am on my LMS.

I already have a support case open for something else and on top of the issue above I have recently identified another problem with a Rise block not displaying how it should on mobile. Do I need to open support cases for each of these or can I add to my existing case?

Also, is there another method to get in touch with the support team? It has been 2 working days since I was originally contacted by a Customer Support Engineer and I need these matters resolved ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Reuben Russell-Furlong

Reuben Russell-Furlong

Hi Allison,

Following up on this, it's been over a month since I heard from the support team after submitting a ticket (#01664756).

Also, I have recently noticed that in Safari on iPhone, when revisiting any of my Storyline Blocks, the 'x' in the corner disappears. You can exit the block by clicking in the black space in the top left corner, but the 'x' sign is no longer visible when revisiting the block. 

Another observation in Safari on iPhone is that the blocks don't scale to fit the screen properly in landscape mode to the point where I find the block too difficult to view in this mode and think many of our learners would too - is there anything I can do about this? 

Originally, I was testing via LMS, but I have observed all of the behaviour described in this thread just viewing the web version of the course (share), so it is NOT an LMS issue. 

If you are unable to provide me with a solution to the above on here, it would be great if you can follow up on my original support case (#01664756) with this additional/updated info passed on, as I rarely receive responses when communicating with support via e-mail. 

Thanks,

Reuben

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.