Storyline Block Survey in RISE

Feb 19, 2019

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to create a Survey that will be included in many of my eLearning courses. I am having challenges getting the data to aggregate in a resport from my LMS (Cornerstone) when I use the storyline block in RISE. This is being packaged as a SCORM 2004 3rd ed file.

The hope is that I can drop in my survey as a Storyline Block in any RISE course and the learner must complete the survey before closing the course. I will then be able to pull reporting on all of the data from the survey. Any thoughts or guidance on this?

Thank you in advance!!

5 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Mikey,

Storyline blocks that are inserted into Rise courses don't send any question-specific information to your LMS, which is why you're running into an issue here. You can require your learners to complete a Storyline block before moving on, but the answers that they've entered won't be saved or sent to the LMS. 

If you have time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs, that would be super helpful!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Alvin,

Thanks for reaching out! When you insert a Storyline 360 interaction into a Rise 360 course, the score can be sent to your LMS but not the question-specific information (like the answer to a short-answer question). Here's how to make sure your score is getting sent.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.