Storyline in Rise

Aug 14, 2018

Hi there. Do variables and triggers in a Storyline module carry over to an embedded Storyline module in Rise? I'm either doing something wrong or they don't.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have users who have met a specific variable within the Storyline module (i.e. view an embedded video from Wistia in full) to  no longer see that slide upon return. Instead the module should default to a different layer or slide that has a version of the same video that allows for them to use the chapters and fast forward video options. I've read through so many discussions and tried so many things, but nothing is working!

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Christopher!

When a learner revisits a Storyline Block, the Storyline content will always restart from the beginning. It will be as if the learner hadn't viewed the content yet. 

It sounds like you're trying to find a way to ensure learners view the video in full before they move forward, but then have the option to go back and fast forward the video later. 

Do you happen to have the MP4 version of the video hosted in Wistia? 

Christopher Lawrence

Hi there. Thanks for the confirmation. That’s a shame that the built in storyline setting a don't carryover to rise. I’ll make a feature request for that. I do have a mp4, but we are required to host in Wistia.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

This e-mail is from Dechert LLP, a law firm, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.