Styles in Rise

Jan 03, 2019

Is anybody aware of what the standard heading styles are within Rise? I understand that Rise is not promoted as being accessible, but with some clever design, you can get around most things.

There are certain elements that seem to have 'hardcoded' styles (such as accordion interaction), so I'm trying to get a handle on:

• what the 'hardcoded' styles are for the various elements
  • whether I can change the styles, particularly for the title of each page which has to be a H1 for screen readers (and it is not), and 
  • if it is possible to trigger a technical support ticket to get a H1 style applied to the page title. 

I should probably create a second discussion for this question - but does anybody know if there is a way to reduce the size of the course image banner.  When viewed on a Mac laptop, the image takes about 60% of the screen real-estate, and the course information is cut off. It would be great to have an option to scale the banner.

2 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi Sharon, 

Thank you for posting your questions here in the E-Learning Heroes community forums.

In terms of the heading styles coded into Rise, we do not support those being changed or updated. That being said, accessibility in Rise is high on our priority list and we are working on making improvements.  This article has more information on accessibility for all of the apps in Articulate 360.

Regarding your second question, you cannot change the size of the course image banner, but if it's something you'd like to see I do encourage you to submit a feature request here

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have additional questions. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.