Sub sections or lessons

Sep 17, 2019

Hi, Don't know if anyone covered this yet but...

I thought it would be great if we could have sub sections or lessons in a course. I'm thinking that when I look to the left at my menu, I'd like to see indents with sub areas (below main). I think it would help in navigation, especially if a lesson, etc. gets a bit lengthy.

I see that another person had a similar question: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/sub-menus-in-rise-courses

Regards,

Harry Carter

58 Replies
Jason LaMar

Please, please, PLEASE can we get sub-lessons or some similar functionality?

We work with faculty in specific disciplines like English where they want to organize their content by literary period, then author, then separate works by that author -- so a logical site organization would be, for example:

• Romantic Period
    • Keats
      • "O Solitude"

With the current Rise architecture, I could make "Romantic Period" a section heading -- but it would merely be a placeholder (no content). Even then, I would be stuck at the "Keats" level. What I need is a framework where each one of the bullet points above could be its own content page, and I can organize them in this sort of way.

A nested navigation menu (with more than one "level" of content) has been standard practice with modern websites for many years -- even pre-dating this request thread, which is now 4+ years old!