Suggestion for RISE Feature

Feb 20, 2017

We just transitioned to Articulate 360, and are loving RISE.  
But, as a software company, we are using it for training internally on new software features, and we generally use video training.   It's important for us to track compliance for our employees to ensure they have watched a significant part of each video.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this... but I'd like to suggest that you add some kind of feature that will allow tracking of % of video viewed.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mary Beth,

Thanks for reaching out here and you're always welcome to share thoughts on features here in the ELH forums in addition to our feature request form here.  

Currently in Rise, I'd suggest using the "restricted" navigation element. Although the user could "fast forward" the video using the built in controls if they let it play on it's own they'll see the small completion circle as a part of the left side menu filling in towards completion as the video progresses - and then once it's done they'll be able to advance to the next lesson or block. If they were just trying to advance using the menu or "next lesson" they'll see the messaging about "Lessons must be completed in order".

Hope that helps with your video lessons in the meantime! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.