Important Feature Requests
Rise is off to a great start, but there are many improvements I'd like to see. I sent this list through "Articulate Support: Feature Requests" but I'll also add it here to share the suggestions to a larger audience.
- Allow custom blocks lessons to include activities from pre-built lessons. For example, within a custom block lesson, I'd like to include a labeled graphic block, a sorting activity block, or a timeline block.
- Enable auto-start audio to all slides, without having to click on the play button.
- The ability to add multiple media elements to a timeline page (e.g. a picture and a video, or two pictures).
- The ability to add more text to each card in the sorting activity.
- The ability to add audio to the main page.
- The ability to add audio to pre-built lesson pages.
- An option to show or hide the author for all pages in a course, rather than having to go into each page individually to add or hide the author.
- The ability to change the color of cards in the sorting activity (e.g., blue with white text).
- The flashcard game is "clunky" on mobile devices, especially when there is a lot of text.
- Provide more icon options for sections on the main page. (So far there are only four options.) For example, you could add number icons; e.g., 1-25. Or you could have a check in a box icon, similar to the "?" in a box icon, to use for knowledge checks slides. Or you could have a timeline icon for timeline slides.)
- Allow for longer titles with the interactive tab block.
- Provide more "text on image" block options.
- Allow for increased font sizes of image captions.
- Allow for pictures alongside the introductory text before a sorting activity.