Switch display language in Rise 360

Feb 07, 2017

Hi guys,

I'm currently developping a proof of concept in Rise and I'm having trouble finding where to switch the default language. Per example, on screen you can see different english text appearing like "complete" "click to flip" and we would need this in French, not english. Is there a way to switch it? 

Thanks for the help, I would really appreciate it!

27 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cynthia, 

As Michael mentioned Rise is currently only in English, but not to worry - we're working on a feature to allow you to edit the labels you see throughout the course such as "start course" so that you could change how they read, and that would allow you modify the language those are written in as well. That feature is set to be released sometime this quarter - so stay tuned for an update and once it's released you'll also have it immediately in Rise. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hello Cynthia!

Happy to announce that you can now customize the default text labels in Rise. This gives you the ability to make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say.

Brian has started a great discussion here if you'd like to check it out and you can find our support documentation here.

As always, we keep our Rise Version History up to date too.

Hi Philippe, 

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to use Rise until it's available in French - it's still on our roadmap, but the development timeline has shifted so I don't have a new ETA to offer. 

If you're using Articulate 360, you'd also have access to Storyline which is available in French. Take a look at the trial information here

No bother at all Julia! We're always here to help.

The specific languages that our team is looking at for a Rise UI would likely match what we have currently in the other Articulate 360 tools. Storyline, Studio, Peek, and Replay are available in  English, Chinese, French, German, and Spanish. 

We'll let you know as soon as we can about this feature!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Belkin International. Choices that users make in the scenario block only affect the content displayed within the scenario block.

Currently, if you have several lessons in the course, it's best to create different language versions of your course using the translation feature. We'll let you know if we add more localization options in the meantime!