Tables in Rise

Aug 04, 2017

Hi, is it possible to have tables show in a Rise module?

106 Replies
Jerson  Campos

I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this, but when I have copied information from a table in a PDF and pasted it into Rise, it kept the table properties.  I was able to change some of the formating, but it was a bit tricky.  I guessing that some of the table formatting code from the PDF stayed when I pasted the text, but wasn't able to directly manipulate the code itself. I'll see if I can duplicate this and report back here.

Elearning Babel

May this comment add some pressure on Rise team about the most needed tables component. If the hacky trick of copy & paste from word Works and even allows for some edition (I've tested for text align and font size of cells) I can't be that hard to add some preliminary support, even if it's a beta feature not fully responsive on mobile devices.

Adarsh Char

I tried this and as other commentors have noted, it can be done but it is a little clunky. This approach is not responsive and limits the ability to style the table. Any styling you apply to the table and content in Word is not carried over.  So far, the greatest success I've had with bringing tables into Rise is using an HTML embed. That is also not an ideal solution because you have to insert it as an embed block instead being able to easily integrate a table into a text block.

Michelle Carlson

I copied and pasted a table from Word today and it didn't end well! After publishing the course and previewing I didn't like the way that it looked. I couldn't delete the last row of the table and now it is stuck there - meaning I have to create a new course and copy all of the lessons over.

So, I would love to see a table option in the blocks!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Oh no, Michelle! I've heard of some others seeing oddities when trying to copy/paste a table in. I haven't seen a situation where the table copied in can't be removed - so it would help to take a look at your course (our Support Team is available 24/7 - they can send you directions on how to share it with us). 

Once you've shared the course or create a duplicate copy of it, can you delete the individual lesson that's causing you trouble? That way you don't have to recreate the entire course. 

Let me know if you need anything else, and we'll keep everyone here posted if Tables are added to the Rise feature set. 

Jeff Forrer

For now as another option, not sure if this has been mentioned before:

Tables: We have made beautiful tables in SL360 using the table feature and setting the Story size as large as it goes 2047 so that the exported tables look great at any size when brought into Rise and viewed on various platforms.

Labeled Graphics:  We have done the same here, but adding markers from SL360 with the table/image or our own indicators so we end up with a great looking alternate Labeled Graphic interaction in Rise as well for each platform.

Matching Drag and Drop:  Again here used SL360 as the current one in Rise is limited on the amount of characters that can go in the matching item, so until that is expanded, we used SL360 and imported these in.  Also there are many pre-built templates in SL360 that can be used.

I know this may not be an option for all, but a few ideas.

Michelle Carlson

Hi Ashley

Thanks for your quick reply. Somehow I resolved it this morning when yesterday I couldn't delete it.

It was actually not in a lesson/block otherwise I would have just deleted it and started again. It was in the description section on the first page.

All is good now though - thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.