Take Zoom off pictures in RISE?

Jan 16, 2018

Hi,

When using pre built lesson "process" and you insert an image how can you get ride of the zoom function for the image?

I know how to do this in blocks but can't find how to do this in 'process'.

Thanks

Ant

34 Replies
Michelle Kenoyer

+1 - this would ESPECIALLY be helpful from an accessibility standpoint. What I'm experiencing when reviewing Rise courseware with JAWS is that I can set a null value for images, as instructed in this Articulate instructive article, but JAWS still calls out the Zoom control and sometimes the graphic itself as simply "Graphic" (IOW JAWS is calling out the graphical object without a name as it has a null value). This can be extremely confusing to learners who use programs such as JAWS.

Jen Nugent

To echo others in this thread, from an accessibility standpoint, the ability to turn off the zoom feature is essential. Not only is it an annoying button to have to keep tabbing past, but it's also confusing for users if the image is presumably decorative and should be ignored by a screen reader. Right now, our workaround has been to simply include "decorative" as the alt text so that if a user hears the button read aloud, they will at least know they're not missing important information that has only been included as a visual element. But this is not an ideal solution - as suggested by Peter Axtell, the default should be zoom OFF for all images throughout the course; opting IN to a zoom function per image would be much better. It is misleading when you claim that Rise sets images to decorative, or alt="", by default, given that this button is annouced. Big miss here that has been an active concern going on six years, based on this thread!