Taking notes of questions

Apr 21, 2021

Hi 

I am building an online health and safety site induction course in Rise. The idea is for learners to complete the online part and then do an in-person site induction when they get to the site.

I would like to build it so that they have the ability to take notes at the end of each lesson with questions. Then at the end to email themselves with their questions that they can take with them. 

Any ideas on how I can do this? Storyline, an external location like Google docs? Although this must be private to them. If it's public it might deter some from documenting their questions. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Magda, thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you want an option for the user to take down notes on your course.  One way to do this is by using a third-party tool like Google Forms.  Add a Multimedia > Embed block and use  the URL for the form and insert it into this iFrame code: <iframe src="URL HERE"></iframe>.

I hope this helps!

Magda van der Walt

Thank you for your reply Lea. I've tried this.

I have 3-4 separate lessons that this will sit in so it will require 3-4 different forms. From what I can see it will largely come down to an admin person to pick up these replies, print them and ensure the person at the physical site has these before the learner gets to the site. 

Considering that we have 1,500 - 1,800 people that will be doing this (with 3-4 forms each) it will create a bit of chaos, unfortunately. 

I do however use forms for feedback so I will use this neat little trick for that! 

Matthew - I would appreciate any help that you might offer for a solution?