Text allignment in Process Block summary

Nov 29, 2018

Hi there,

Is there a way to left align the text within the Summary step of the process block.

When editing the block, I can select the text and left align it but it has no effect.  It seems to only be an issue within the Summary step, I can left align the text within the Introduction and Summary with out issue.

Possibly a bug as the UI allows me to format the text.

Thanks,

Matt

3 Replies
Matt Bradshaw

OK, managed to get is fixed.  The issue was caused by bullet points.

My text was originally structured as follows:

----

Some text to introduce bullet point

• Bullet 1
    • Sub-bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
    • Sub-bullet 2
  • Bullet 3
    • Sub-bullet 3

Some closing text

----

Applying a left align to this text has no affect within the process block.

In order to left align the text you need to remove all of the bullet points, then left align the text and test it.  Once confirmed the text is left aligned you can add the bullet points back again.

Martika Cox

Hi Matt,

Sorry you ran into some trouble with this.

I’m glad you were able to find a workaround, but I’d still like to get your course in front of our Support team so we can get this working properly.

I’ve submitted a case on your behalf. You may hear from someone on the team with some follow-up questions.

If I can help with anything else please let me know!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Matt!

I wanted to circle back here to say that we're no longer seeing alignment issues with bulleted text in a process block. If you toggle the alignment to center and then back to left, the alignment appears correct even after adding bullets.

If you're still having trouble with text alignment in a process block, please let us know! We'd be happy to take a closer look. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.