The media is not loadeding error in Review

Nov 27, 2019

Hi,

I have created a course in Rise that contains several MP4 videos in Rise and in the Preview it all plays fine.

However, when published to Review for the Client to see the module, just one of the videos keeps showing the Error of "The media cannot load..."

No matter if I re-render or rename it or duplicate and replace, it still produces the error.

I have also noticed that publishing for LMS SCorm 1.2 also caused that one video to fail to load. Worrying now.

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Darren. We've seen this error on a handful of video files added to Rise 360. If you've already tried deleting the video block and adding it in again, let's get you working with my team.

You can privately share your video file and your SCORM output with us here, and we'll work through some next steps with you. We'll delete everything when we're done troubleshooting. Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Darren! 

Are you running into this error again when viewing videos in Rise 360? I see you mentioned that you opened a support case, but I don't see one listed under your Articulate ID. Do you have a case number handy?

In the meantime, try deleting the video from your Rise 360 lesson, then upload it again. Publish a new version of the course to Review 360, and the video should play normally. Let me know if that works!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Darren! In today's update for Rise 360, we fixed an issue where video blocks displayed an error message that the media cannot be loaded.

To correct the issue for an existing course, upload the affected videos again, then export the updated course for your LMS or republish it to Review 360.

You can check out the release notes here. Have a great day!