Thumbnail Feature for Videos Imported from Articulate 360 to Rise

May 24, 2018

I published one of my projects as a video from Storyline 360 for import as an embedded video to one of my projects in Rise.  The import was successful, however, the thumbnail is blank except for the "arrow" to view the video. 

Is it possible to change to a different thumbnail?

3 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

I notice that it initially looks like this but as soon as I click the button I see the video. My guess is that the initial frame in Storyline videos are blank.

Rise doesn't have a poster frame option. Here are two things you can do in the interim:

• Open the video in a simple video editor and just put an image frame at the forefront of the video.
  • Since it was originally created in Storyline, I'd use the new Modern player with the features turned off and insert it as a Storyline block. That would be the easiest and the output be seamless.
Tom Kuhlmann

I think I should have said it up better.

Since the video you created was published from Storyline (I assume you used the publish to video feature), I'd just go back to the original Storyline file and publish to 360. And then use the Storyline block option in Rise.

If you want to keep the video instead, you can edit it in a simple video editor. In Windows just right click and open with movie maker. You'll notice the first split second of the video is blank. Cut those frames out and save as .mp4 and you should be all set.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.