Trackable Onboarding Check Points in Rise

Jan 05, 2021

I'm using Rise to create an Onboarding experience. I want to have trackable tasks for the users to complete for each section I have. I want to be able to see which ones they completed and which ones they did not.

Currently I'm using the fill in the blank knowledge check and have them type DONE.

I would prefer to use one of the questions as a check off but it won't allow the use of having one answer to select.

Is there a better way for me to do this?

3 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Cindy,

You can use an embedded form instead, in the embed block, like a Google Form for your learners. They can submit which sections they have completed using a survey-type question to check off the completed section. In contrast, the Knowledge Check in Rise 360 would need a correct answer each time, so the way you've been doing it so far is a feasible workaround.

We're tracking requests to add a Survey block in Rise, and this may be helpful to you. We'll let you know if we make any changes that help!

Cyd Walker

Hi Renz! Thanks for the fast response. This is helpful, I'm not sure how to do this but will check. It needs to be able to be viewed in an LMS.

Options to consider which may be simple in the short run:

Make Knowledge checks trackable so they can be dispersed throughout the module (rather than a standalone quiz) which makes Rise more flexible than just for courses.

Consider having the multiple choice question (quiz or knowledge check) have one response option versus default it must have two responses. This way it could be used for another purpose.