Tracking completion on LMS

Jun 29, 2018

I have published a Rise file that contains 5 learning units. The 5 units are required to be completed dring a period of one month. 

I have tested, when I exit and go back in, it does not keep my progress tracked when I return. 

I also added a test, the LMS logs the grade but when I return it also asks me to redo the test. 

Is there a way to prevent the module of resetting eveytime you exit and return? 

A way to save the progress? 

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lauren, 

The suspend_data element for a Rise SCORM course tells the learning management system (LMS) where you left off when exiting the course and lets you resume later in the same place without having to start over. So this should be what your LMS is relying on to determine where a learner would be brought back to. 

Can you tell me what LMS option you exported with (i.e., SCORM 1.2, 2004, Tin Can API)? Also, I'd suggest testing the course on another site such as SCORM Cloud which is a good way to narrow down where the issue is happening. 

Let me know if you need any help with that if you want to share your Rise export I can also upload it there. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.