Tracking user progress in rise

Jun 01, 2018

Hello,

I am creating a rise course that will have several lessons and between each lesson the students will meet in person to discuss what they learned and do some activities. I will need to be able to see that they completed a lesson prior to the classroom activities. I will be publishing to LMS, is it possible to see what they've completed or a percentage of the course they've viewed from within LMS? I have not published a rise course yet.

Thanks,

Natalie

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Natalie!  Your learners can see a visual indicator of the progress of their course.  

Once the course is in the LMS, the LMS will report either Complete or Incomplete, but not partially complete. This is similar to the Storyline setting, “Track number of slides viewed." For example, if you set the course completion percentage to 40% in Rise, users that view 2 lessons or more will be marked as Complete, and users who view less than 2 lessons will be marked as Incomplete.

I hope that clarifies some next steps for you!

Natalie Wenzelow

Thank you Crystal, that was very helpful!

Suppose I had 10 lessons and set the completion percentage at 10%, then updated the percentage to 20% after the classroom activity for the first lesson, would the updated course in LMS keep the history for the pervious version and continue on with their progress? Just trying to think of ways we could monitor the lessons they completed to ensure everyone is on track before classroom activities.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Natalie,

Are you updating this inside your LMS, or you'll update your Rise course and export out to upload to your LMS again? Depending on how you go through the update, one of two things will happen: 

1. If you replace a Rise course inside your LMS with a revised version of the same Rise course, bookmarking will work as expected.  Learners can suspend the course before the course is revised, and those same learners can resume the course after the revision.
  2. If you replace a Rise course inside your LMS with a different Rise course (or even a duplicated copy of your original Rise course), learners will not be able to resume the course where they suspended it before the revision.  In this scenario, learners will return to the beginning of the course, and their data will be reset. 

Depending on your LMS setup, could you look at creating more than one course, and providing users access to that course when they complete the prior one? That may be a setting or function you'd want to discuss with your LMS admin. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.