Transfer bulk ownership in Rise

Sep 17, 2018

Hi there,

We have started to build lots of modules in Rise and I am wondering if we are able to do the following (or if not, can I please make them suggestions):

- Is there a way to do a bulk transfer of ownership of Rise modules from one person to another without having to go into each module individually? 

-Can admin have access to see all Rise modules created in a team account and be able to move ownership around for the modules?

- Can we allow more than 1 person to have ownership of a module to be able to export when the 'owner' is away?

Thanks!

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request, and we can't wait for you to finally check it out! 

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look slightly different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or a support case.

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tash,

All great questions! 

We don't have a bulk transfer feature in Rise, but I'll be happy to share that idea with the team! I know a few folks have asked about sharing an entire folder, so this could be similar.

We are tracking two other feature ideas right now:

• an easier method for 360 Admins to see, access Rise courses of their Team (especially those of former employees)
  • Other options for non-owners on a Rise course they've been invited as a collaborator too. 

I'll keep you posted on both here, and you may also want to take a look at our “What’s New” page and our Rise Version history to see what's coming up and the features we've already released. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Graeme,

I responded to your other post here, but wanted to clarify that the Rise Version history page showcases features and fixes that have already been released and our “What’s New” page promos some up and coming features, but not all of them!

The “What’s New” page is also updated as we're preparing to ship new features, so once something is noted there it's a good indication you'll see it quite soon. 😀

Allison LaMotte

Hi everyone,

Good news: we just released some new features that are going to solve a lot of the pain you've points you've brought up in this thread. 

The first one allows you to assign different roles for different users. Here's a video that shows how that works

The second one makes it easy to transfer Rise 360 content from one team member to another when someone leaves the team.

Check out this video to see how it works and this step-by-step tutorial for more details. 

And these aren't the only cool features we released today! Visit our what’s new page for the full list.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. :)

Rory Francis

As I am manual moving a large number of courses in bulk to a variety of different team members, I'm REALLY wishing I could do this in bulk... select all these course, transfer ownership, done.

Instead, I am manually adding a collaborator to each course and then manual clicking transfer and selecting the colleague. For each course. One of my colleagues will have received email notifications for over 70 courses by the time it is all said and done. 

Ugh. Love the tools, but this is... ugh.

Liz Habgood

Seconding what everyone else has said (for four years...) Bulk actions would be a godsend: 

Set just once LMS > xAPI instead of every single time
Set once the co-collaborator

Set 'hide author' once

When you export, have it go back to the course folder, not the overall folder

Such tiny things but would save literally hours.

Tracy Windsor

I'm just going to chime in with everyone else. I had a user on vacation. I needed a course. I had to transfer all 157 courses to me in order to get the one I needed. Now when he gets back, I need to transfer all 157 courses back to him. There has got to be an easier way. Need a BULK way to transfer. Because of this I've set everyone up with 'Rise Buddies' so at least one other person is a course manager. 

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request, and we can't wait for you to finally check it out! 

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look slightly different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or a support case.