Translation Export/Import feature in Rise - A future enhancement?

Jan 24, 2018

Hi there, 

I use SL360 and have upgraded from SL2. One of the features in those tools that is really helpful is the export/import translation.  Are there any plans to release the same function in Rise?  

As currently I am maintaining a separate word document as a storyboard to be sent to our Translation team, which I then create a duplicate version of the English Rise course and build again in French. 

If there are plans for this function, when could we expect it? Thank you so much!

Tara

23 Replies
Mireille Perry

Hello, we are also very interested in translating courses from Rise.  We typically translate our eLearning (created in Stroyline 360) into 14 different languages.  We have recently begun using Rise and have fallen in love with its functionality and sleek look.  But if Rise doesn't have an easy way to translate content, we may have to stop using Rise completely.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

We’re still working on a translation feature for Rise courses in conjunction with several other highly requested Rise features. As a result, the timeline for this has slipped a bit. We'll share an updated ETA for the translation feature here as soon as we have one.

Please bear with us as we work hard to meet all your needs.

Kathrin Wallner

Hello,

I have the same use case right now.

I built a course in Rise and I we have to translate it in 16 other languages (unfortunately due in 3 weeks) ...

Does the collarborater need a licence? Is it possible to add 16 collaborates?

Or is it better to make a copy of my course and say "please translate" ... or can I give one person a subscription if the translation is done, give the licence to another one?

Thanks for you help!

Kathrin Wallner

Hello,

I have the same use case right now.

I built a course in Rise and I we have to translate it in 16 other languages (unfortunately due in 3 weeks) ...

Does the collarborater need a licence? Is it possible to add 16 collaborates?

Or is it better to make a copy of my course and say "please translate" ... or can I give one person a subscription if the translation is done, give the licence to another one?

Thanks for you help!

Crystal Horn

Hi Kathrin!  Good questions about our collaborator feature in Rise.  You can work on your Rise course with any other Articulate 360 Team members.  So, yes, they'll need access to a 360 Teams subscription, and yes, you can have as many collaborators as you like!

If you'd like to send a copy of your course to another Articulate 360 user (team or freelancer), you can use the Send a Copy feature.  Each of you will have your own copy of the course.

I hope that helps in your planning.  Sounds like you have a big project - congrats!

Katie Riggio

The goodness just keeps on coming, folks!

You can now localize a Rise course into other languages. Simply export text to an XLIFF file, translate it, then import it back into Rise with formatting intact.

Continue to stay in the know by checking out the Rise release notes here – and be sure to also check out Kelly's announcement here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.