Translations in Rise

Jul 15, 2019

Hello

Can you please help?

When I download the translation file and open the XLIff in excel i get the error message saying 'problem came up during load, cell data too large'.

Can you advise if there is anything i can do to enable me to download the file to be translated?

Thanks

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Amy. Here's what my team had to say in Larissa's case:

As soon as you export your translation file in Rise and able to generate an XLIFF file, you are actually done. You can send the file as is to your translation provider and use this very same file for translation. Once you have received your translated file, you can then import it and you should have your translated Rise course after that. 

There is no need to open up the XLIFF file. If there is any need to open it up so that you can check its content, you can use a text editor (i.e. Notepad, Notepad++) and not an Office application like Excel since this is an XML file.

Amy, do you have a translation provider or software to handle .xml files? If not, do a quick Google search to find a ton of free tools that allow you to easily edit XLIFF files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.