trouble embedding iframe

Hello,

This is a two-part question:

1) I have a public mindmap template that I'd like to embed as an iframe to maintain its interactivity on Rise. But for some reason it's not recognizing it as a valid code. Am I doing something wrong by choosing the "Embed" function? Here's the iframe code:

<iframe width="600" height="400" frameborder="0" src="https://www.mindmeister.com/maps/public_map_shell/937387671/brainstorming?width=600&height=400&z=auto" scrolling="no" style="overflow: hidden; margin-bottom: 5px;">Your browser is not able to display frames. Please visit <a href="https://www.mindmeister.com/937387671/brainstorming" target="_blank">Brainstorming</a> on MindMeister.</iframe><div class="mb-5"><a href="https://www.mindmeister.com/937387671/brainstorming" target="_blank">Brainstorming</a> by <a href="https://www.mindmeister.com/users/channel/25887585" target="_blank">Andrew Ratner</a></div>

2) Is it actually possible to maintain interactivity of web content on Rise, or will they always be published as just an external link?

 

Thanks so much!

 

43 Replies
Neha Vanderhyde

Hello, Im trying to embed the following zing tree iframe code into RISE and it's not working. Any ideas?

<iframe width="100%" frameborder="0" seamless src="https://zingtree.com/deploy/tree.php?z=embed&tree_id=576694633&style=panels&persist_names=Restart&persist_node_ids=1">
</iframe>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://zingtree.com/js/iframeResizerSmart.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">iFrameResize();</script>

 

Thanks

Neha

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Neha! Happy to help with that iFrame code. 

Try using a simpler code, like this one: 

<iframe src="https://zingtree.com/deploy/tree.php?z=embed&tree_id=576694633&style=panels&persist_names=Restart&persist_node_ids=1"></iframe>

Check out this video demo to see exactly how to use that code in Rise. And here's a sample Rise course with the iFrame so you can see how it looks in action!

Edward Reeves

I'm having trouble with this as well. Here is my code: 

<iframe width="640px" height= "480px" src= "https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5C0G1Lp0MEejOVlkWuFw3gDmg87Aq0JGvatK1NwGcNFUNDVDQU9EQldRWEpOSko0ODI3QTc3M0lMNi4u&embed=true" frameborder= "0" marginwidth= "0" marginheight= "0" style= "border: none; max-width:100%; max-height:100vh" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen> </iframe>

If I test this in another editor, it works fine. But Rise keeps telling me it's invalid. Any ideas?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Edward,

I simplified your iFrame code, and now it works perfectly in Rise:

<iframe src="https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5C0G1Lp0MEejOVlkWuFw3gDmg87Aq0JGvatK1NwGcNFUNDVDQU9EQldRWEpOSko0ODI3QTc3M0lMNi4u&embed=true"></iframe>

Click here to check out the embedded form in a sample Rise Blocks lesson.

Morgan Nicholas

I am struggling with an Iframe code myself:

<iframe src="https://services.cognitoforms.com/f/IfMMVaoVoE22ME8Xv9alyA?id=21" style="position:relative;width:1px;min-width:100%;*width:100%;" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" seamless="seamless" height="608" width="100%"></iframe>
<script src="https://services.cognitoforms.com/scripts/embed.js"></script>

 

I tried adding </iframe> at the end to close and its still show as blank.

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Morgan, 

The end piece <script src=... causes an error in Rise, but the beginning of your code seems to be missing some additional marks.

Try this:

<iframe src="https://services.cognitoforms.com/f/IfMMVaoVoE22ME8Xv9alyA?id=21" style="position:"relative";width:"1px";min-width:"100%";width:"100%;" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" seamless="seamless" height="608" width="100%"></iframe>

Let me know how that works for you! 

I was also able to include the section <script src="https://services.cognitoforms.com/scripts/embed.js"></script> before the ending </iframe> and that also worked. 

Here's a link to the course where I added those. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Vico,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here. I just tried this out and I'm not seeing the same behavior. My URL retained the http, without an s. 

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!