Trouble uploading RISE course to Docebo LMS

Jul 16, 2020

I create content for clients.  My current client uses Docebo LMS which is supposed to be compatible with SCORM 2004 version 3.  I have exported in this format and the client is unable to upload it successfully!  HELP!  

10 Replies
Holly Garza

Hi Alyssa.  So we have been in constant working mode trying to get our Rise course to integrate with Docebo.  And we still have no luck.  We have finally gotten it to upload, but we are now getting the attached error about sequencing issues.  We have been unable to open the file in the LMS so we aren't sure what "output" file we could share.  

My file has 2 storyline embedded files in the Rise created content (I saw some blogs about this as a potential issue in the past).  We have tried the file in both SCORM and xApi formats.  We are getting further with xApi.  Please help.  This is a truly significant issue for my credibility with this client.

Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Holly! 

The output file you would share with us for testing would be the zipped folder that downloads to your hard drive when you export for LMS.

You also have the option of uploading that zipped folder to SCORM Cloud for testing. That's the best way to answer the question, "Is the problem related to my output, or is it the LMS?" If it works properly on SCORM Cloud, it's a good indication that the issue is in the LMS.

Leslie Kelley

I have recently had a similar problem and the fine people at Docebo provided a suggestion of something to try that has worked. I am working on a Mac. After the file is exported, unzip it, then highlight the files you just unzipped and re-zip them by right-clicking on "compress". Unpload the new zip file as usual. Worked like a charm for me. I'm sure there is a similar action on a PC. 

Leslie Kelley

Update on uploading issues.
After a couple of tries uploading files using the above method of re-zipping, it ceased to work. I use a Mac Laptop with an M1 chip provided by my employer. It does not have an ethernet connection. We have the fastest wi-fi our provider offers, and a speed test confirmed it should be sufficient. But, it still wasn't working. After trying everything else, I went to Best Buy and purchased a $20 ethernet adapter that would plug into my USB-C port on my computer. Since then, it works 97% of the time on the first try. Hope this helps.