Trouble viewing 'exported' Rise course locally

Dec 14, 2016

I've created a course in Rise and when I share using the auto generated link it looks fine. However, when I export (publish) locally to my hard disk all I can see is a grey Internet Explorer (V11) screen. Am I doing something wrong?

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for reaching out here. Viewing content within Internet Explorer 11 is supported, although we don't support authoring in Internet Explorer. Here's our system requirements for a quick reminder of that.  If you're only trying to view the published output in Internet Explorer, that should be working for you. Can you let me know if you did Web only - no LMS or if you had used one of the LMS settings? Also what file within the output folder were you using to launch the Rise course?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for confirming that you were working in Internet Explorer. Do you have another browser handy where you could look at exporting the course to see if that behaves any differently when you try to view it locally? Also if you want to share your export settings I can do a bit more testing on my end to see if I can replicate that behavior?  Also if you could let me know what file you're clicking on to try and play the file locally - even if you wanted to record a Peek video of the steps you go through to export and test it locally.  I recorded a quick Peek of the steps I would go through to export and then the file I'd use to test it. 

Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, per Microsoft and it seems that they're only supporting it with security updates and compatibility fixes, but the new go forward leans to the Microsoft Edge browser. Which that is a browser we'll support in the future, and noted here within our system requirements, but I don't have an ETA on that as a new browser.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.