Trying to Update Articulate 360 and it is still "Waiting to install Articulate 360"

Jul 27, 2021

Hello, 

My IT department has remoted in twice now to help me install the required update for Articulate 360.  It keeps spinning and will not update. The program just says, "Waiting to Install Articulate 360". Has anyone had this happen, and do you know what to do to fix it? I am wanting to use the Rise 360 software. It used to be you had to access it from Articulate 360. Is that still the same?

14 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Sharon and Adrian!

Please try the solutions in this article. If you don't have the proper security permissions to install software, ask your IT staff for assistance. If you're still encountering the same issue, please open a case with us so that our technical support engineers can dig deeper.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Luis!  Please check out this article for tips on How to Solve an Error Installing, Updating, or Uninstalling Articulate 360 Apps.

If the issue still persists despite following the tips/steps in the article, please log a support case with us so that one of our technical support engineers can assist you.