Unable to delete a block template

Sep 10, 2021

Hi team,

I'm trying to tidy up our inventory and delete some of the block templates we have. Every time I try, however, the template 'appears' to disappear from the template list, but a popup presents the error message:

Something went wrong.

Please try again or contact support if the problem persists.

Then, when you refresh the page, the template has appeared in the list again. Myself and several of my colleagues have attempted this and we all get the same problem.

So, how can we delete the block template?

Thanks,

Roxy

13 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Roxy! So sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting a block template.

Please try the following:

1. Clear your browser cache, here's how.

2. If clearing your cache does not work, please make sure that your browser is updated. 

2. If your browser is already updated and you still can't delete the block, try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. If the issue still persists, try to access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window. Pressing Ctrl + Shift + n for Windows, or Press ⌘ + Shift + n for Mac switches you to Incognito mode and disables all browser plugins. Sometimes browser plugins cause issues.

Let us know if you need more help!
Justin Smith

This is apparently still an issue, and definitely not isolated. It's happening to my entire team.

I wasn't worried initially as even with the error the blocks appeared to disappear, but coming back the next day (or a refresh) shows they were not removed.

Tried all the steps (three different browsers) - I'll put a ticket in but letting you know here it's still an issue.