Unable to upload files from the Multimedia Block

Mar 22, 2018

Hello, 

I keep getting this error when I try to upload files from my computer: Attachment There was an issue uploading. Please try again. 

I tried different types of file, like word, excel, power point, none work. The only thing I can upload is a photo. 

Is there a setting somewhere? It's the first time I tried this feature. 

Thank you, 

Ioana

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Ioana!

Are you using the File Attachment block

If so, can you tell me what web browser you're using while working in Rise? You'll want to be sure it's one of the supported browsers listed here. 

If you're still getting stuck, could you share one of the troublesome files with me? I can try and add it to a File Attachment block on my end. 

Alina Turcu

Hello, 

From the same category, I am experiencing an issue with uploading some videos...I m guessing it has to do with the size of the file but I verified on the site and the max size is 5 gb and my video has 225 mb. Smaller videos I can upload. Can it be related also to the IT security restrictions? 

I uploaded the window from rise, the file is loading but it s not processed. 

Kind regads, 

Ioana

Alyssa Gomez

Hello Cepoiu!

Smart idea to test several video files, and it sounds like the only one you're having trouble with is the 225 MB video. 

That file size shouldn't be a problem, so give these steps a try:

1. Delete the video block.
  2. Log out of rise.articulate.com, then log back in.
  3. Access the course again, and add a new video block. Upload the 225 MB video file.

If you're still getting stuck, would you be willing to share the video file with our team? We'd love to test it from our side. If that works for you, you can send it privately by clicking here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.